3.01.2015

February 16, 2015

I had the best valentines day of my whole life!!!!! 
Why?
Because our investigator with the family problems got BAPTIZED!!! WWWWOOOOO!!!!! :D
I don't think I've ever seen someone so happy to get baptized. And her testimony after she was baptized was just amazing. This whole experience with her family strengthened her so much. As difficult as it was for her, I'm so grateful she had it. I was able to watch it build her into something so much greater. 
Speaking of...
We spent hours and hours going to her house with members this last week before she was baptized because they were telling her that if she kept going to church, she was going to be kicked out of the house.... so we tried to help her as much as possible (because she was determined to still get baptized!) by bringing over members to talk to them so that they could understand that the church really isn't a bad thing, it's a good thing. We were barely making any progress until the end of the last visit... a miracle happened and her grandpa said yes to it all! He gave her his blessing to get baptized and said that as long as he was living, she would never be kicked out of the house. 
WOW!
An absolute miracle :D
She came to her baptism with her family telling her to have a good time. She had full support and I've never seen her happier.
It really is a testimony builder to me that trials make us stronger. We may not realize this in the midst of hard times, but it's true. The refiners fire is real and makes us so much better than we could be on our own. I was able to watch it so clearly with our investigator. She didn't see it, but we saw it and I'm so grateful for it. 
God loves us. Isn't that a wonderful and beautiful thing to know? :)
Motra



 

No comments:

Post a Comment