3.01.2015

February 23, 2015

Seeing as I come home in the not too distant future... if any of you had an urge to randomly send me a letter, I wouldn't recommend doing it after a couple of weeks seeing as I won't be here by the time it will probably get here. Yup. That is all.

Also, I'm at that point when people are asking me why I'm still here. Bah. Come on people!

Also, also... I did the scariest thing I've ever done on my mission this last week. 
I, Sister Rasëll, in front of the whole branch during sacrament meeting...... sang a duet!!! Oh lanta! I totally, 100%, sang a Child's Prayer with one of the elders. Yes. That TOTALLY happened. I can totally do hard things :)

We went to a place called Krost (spelling?) for an activity. Did a fire, played games, had a spiritual thought. It was awesome. Even better, in the mountains ("mountains" ... more like hills) and there were pine trees and stars and mmmmm... the heart was happy.

I was reading from the Ensign the other day and read a talk "The Most Important Things" by Elder Corbridge. I really like this part that he brought up:

" “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways. …
“For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts” (Isaiah 55:8–9).
While this may be understood as a declaration that we cannot comprehend the thoughts and ways of God, I think rather it is an invitation to think differently, to elevate our thoughts and, consequently, our ways to coincide with the thoughts and ways of God. He is inviting us to think as He thinks."
I really liked that. A lot. A lot a lot.
Then I was thinking about how we can elevate our thought to be like that of God's, how we can match ours to be like His.
(oh man, I wanted to write so many cool things about this but I'm totally out of time!)
I was thinking about how scripture study (read Alma 31:5) and prayer (read Bible Dictionary Prayer) both help us to learn the will of God and change ourselves to match Him.
Study this out. It's really wonderful. A wonderful topic for how we can change ourselves to match the will of God. And I know that when we are willing to practice our agency to willingly give our wills to God, we are so much happier and so much more at peace.

Much love,
Motra R

Some cool pics that I don't have time to describe haha







No comments:

Post a Comment