12.24.2014

November 10, 2014

Oh my goodness, there's this little boy behind me singing to the music that's playing in the internet cafe, he's gotta be 6... but it's an american song and he clearly doesn't know english so he's trying to sing along and it's just so stinkin' cute, priceless! hahahahahaa

This last week was a good one :)
I went on exchanges with the fabulous Sister Bizës! (I definitely do not remember how to spell her name in english....) She's wonderful and it was so great to get to know her better. Her mama should be proud ;)

You meet the most interesting people when tracting sometimes. We ran into a guy who kept telling us that he was the living prophet today, not President Monson and then asked if he could kiss our foreheads, but I didn't catch what he had said until he had already kissed his hand and was putting his hand to my forehead like 3 times... strange old man. He sure made me laugh though! 

One of the sisters in our ward, her husband was in a serious accident and was in critical condition. The assistants told us about it and we drove to the hospital together to offer support. It worked out perfectly though. He was in surgery and in need of blood and no one had the right blood type. We pulled up to the hospital just as they called to ask us our blood types and I had right type so I was able to donate to him. It's amazing how the Lord's hand is in our lives. I definitely know I was supposed to be there for a reason. It was a great testimony that the Lord's hand is in our lives if we only just look for it.

We were listening to conference this morning for our studies and I loved the talk from Elder Robbins "Which Way Do You Face?". There was a part that really stuck out to me when he said, talking about Christ,
"He was so perfect in representing His Father that to know the Savior was also to know the Father."
I really thought about that. How the Savior had so perfectly aligned His will to His Father's will that to know the Savior was like knowing God. I thought about that in my life, especially having been baptized and having made a covenant with God that I would take the name of Christ upon me always. And also being a missionary, a representative of Jesus Christ. I am supposed to live in such a way that my life should be perfectly in line with the Savior's will. When people meet me, when people are with me, when people talk with me...  they should better come to know the Savior because I have become like Him. 
It was an interesting way to think about my baptismal covenant that I had never thought of before and I was grateful for the new perspective.

Love, love, love, love and singing :)
Motra

"Verily, thus saith the Lord: It shall come to pass that every soul who forsaketh his sins and cometh unto me, and calleth on my name, and obeyeth my voice, and keepeth my commandments, shall see my face and know that I am;"

We spent time with this fantastic couple who are leaving this week :( We're gonna miss them sooooo much!
Also, a pretty sky from our apartment.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment