9.21.2014

August 25, 2014

So. I speak english fluently. Duh. But man, teaching it is hard. I have no idea how to teach someone how to read english. Or really anything. I could teach someone how to speak albanian fluently.... english? Nope. I'm probably the worst english teacher ever. I can tell you if a sentence is right or wrong.... but not why haha I'm grateful our english course is free otherwise I would feel awful haha

We were street contacting the other day and a cute, happy family walked by. Sister Z asked them if we could talk with them and they stopped and asked us what about... she started talking about being with our families forever and testified about something else that I don't remember, and wow! They really seemed to like it! Sister Z was getting really excited! ... And then they asked what ward we were in. Boooo... He was the bishop from 3rd ward haha total Best Two Years moment.

So my sister is home now! That's crazy! I'd just like to give a shout out to her for being amazing. Kaq.

A guy from 1st ward got baptized this last weekend. Sister Z and I got to go unexpectedly with an investigator that called us and said he was at the church (we don't know why he was there, he just showed up haha but hey! It was a huge blessing so we'll take it!) Before the baptism, the guy getting baptized kept turning around and staring at me and I thought, oh boy... this is awkward. Afterwards, we went up and talked to him and apparently Sister Z and I had ran into him passing out english fliers and encouraged him to go to english course where he lived and he said he would and then he got baptized! Wow! That's why he kept looking back at us, he remembered us telling him to go. I feel like most of the time we don't get to see where our actions are blessing others and so it was such a blessing being able to have this tender mercy.

As for a thought...
I'm reading the Book of Mormon cover to cover right now (which has been so wonderful by the way). I was reading in Alma and read Alma 5:45-46. I've always loved these scriptures and I want to talk a little about them....
So remember Alma the younger? He was described as the "vilest of sinners" trying to destroy the church of God in the land and really just being kinda rotten. Well, the prayers of those who loved him and especially his father led to him being visited by an angel of God and it completely turned his life around. I love how he describes it in Alma 36. It's so beautiful. In verse 22 of that chapter he even tells his son that he saw God sitting upon His throne with countless angels around him. I can't even imagine what kind of experience this was. He saw the very Father! I would think that this would be the most converting experience of them all! But in Alma 5 he says this:

"And this is not all. Do ye not suppose that I know of these things myself? Behold, I testify unto you that I do know that these things whereof I have spoken are true. And how do ye suppose that I know of their surety?
Behold, I say unto you they are made known unto me by the Holy Spirit of God. Behold, I have fasted and prayed many days that I might know these things of myself. And now I do know of myself that they are true; for the Lord God hath made them manifest unto me by his Holy Spirit; and this is the spirit of revelation which is in me."
Alma the younger, who had seen God, still had to fast and pray to know for himself from the spirit if all of this was true. 
I think that is so powerful. Especially as I talk to so many people who tell me that they would believe if they saw God, they would believe if they saw the golden plates, they would believe if they had more proof... but even if they had proof, it would never be enough. It's never enough to have signs or proof or any of that stuff. We can only know truth through the Spirit. Through prayer. Through faith.
So if you want to know if all of this true, if Joseph Smith really saw God the Father and His Son, Jesus Christ. If you really want to know if the Book of Mormon is true or if Thomas S. Monson is a living prophet for God.... live in a way that you're worthy to get an answer from God by keeping the commandments, going to church, searching the scriptures, praying... and then ask Him. Be patient for His timing and have faith that you will get an answer and I promise you that youwill get an answer. I got an answer.
I know this is true because of how it's changed my life. How I feel. And from answers to prayers. This gospel will change your life if you let it. 

Me të gjithë dasurinë time,
Motra Rasëll
 








 

No comments:

Post a Comment