5.20.2014

May 5, 2014

Yup, it's Monday again! What the what? How'd that happen so fast? I don't know either...

Random things from the week.

I saw an Alaskan license plate...... I don't think I really need to comment on this because, yes, I was as confused as you are. 

I saw fireflies for the first time!!!!!!!! Best day ever!!!!

I've officially been a missionary for 6 months now. Woo! We celebrated by eating a giant tray of treleçe. Don't judge me.

We were teaching a lesson and in the middle of the lesson I felt something under my sleeve. A ball of string? Maybe? I dunno. So I dig it out with my finger. Yup, it was definitely a giant, disgusting, black, huge, winged bug that was now unpleasantly squooshed under my finger. Did I die? Absolutely. I was trying not to gag while Sis. White and our recent convert got the rest of it out from under my sleeve while laughing hysterically. Hang drying clothes outside. I don't trust it anymore.

Sis. White and I were both pretty sick this last week and so not too much happened besides lots of tissues and naps between lessons... I know how exciting that is haha BUT! We did have a baptism this last week of the most fabulous nëna ever! Goodness I love her. I'm so happy for her. It was a really special day. AND! We have a baptism next week, too! She's basically been an investigator for about 10 years now... she's 16 and when her brother, a member, announced to everyone in fast and testimony meeting that she was getting baptized, there was an audible gasp. It's pretty exciting. I definitely did nothing to make this happen, it's pretty cool though that I get to be the missionary with her when she's finally made this wonderful choice.

I love this scripture... talking about God's children,
"...for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust."
Hard times and good times come to everyone. It doesn't matter how righteous we are, it doesn't matter how good of people we are or how bad of people for that matter. It doesn't matter if we serve, don't serve, love or don't love... hard times and good times come to everyone. The only control we have is what we do with those hard times. Are we going to grow? Are we going to stay close to the Lord? Are we going to end up better people with a more firm foundation? Or are we going to crumble? 
For those of you in hard times... I love this quote from Elder Holland.
"Trust in God. Hold on in His love. Know that one day the dawn will break brightly and all shadows of mortality will flee."
God loves you. That doesn't take away the rain, but it sure does bring peace to know that everything will be okay in the long run.

Të puth fortë.
Motra Russell


 
for all you Doctor Who fans hahaha


Some lovely scenery.



And and one of my favorite people came to visit Tirana!! Sis. Singer!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment