5.20.2014

May 12, 2014

Tiiiirrrrraaaaannnnnnaaaaaaaa..... has monkeys in petstores :)
I'm having to get creative with my email subject line. It's getting difficult to not have repeats.

We're already halfway through this transfer :( Boo.... I love Motra White! This transfer has been too awesome!

Speaking of, we had another baptism this past weekend! A fabulous girl who I adore. She's been an active non-member for 10 years. That girl is a rock star. Everyone loves her. We had as many people show up to her baptism that we have come to church every week haha

Okay, boo, I can't think of anything this week and I don't have my planner from last week which is basically my head... so what I'm trying to say is that I don't have my head right now. 

Skyping home was awesome!! I got to see my sister for the first time in a year! Wow did that year go by fast. I loved seeing family though. It feels like yesterday I was living at home.

I'm just going to go to my spiritual thought haha

I was reading in Luke 17 about the ten lepers. It's a story that shows the importance of gratitude. Christ heals 10 lepers and only one of them comes back to thank Him and praise God for everything that Christ did for him. I think it's a beautiful story. Something else that caught my eye was that when the one leper came back to thank Christ and praise God after being healed, Christ said something significant to him that I had never caught before. Because the leper "returned to give glory to God", Christ said to him, "Arise, go thy way: thy faith hath made thee whole." 
Ya see, this leper had already been healed of his physically infirmities. And because he gave thanks and glory to God and turned to Christ, he was then healed from his spiritual infirmities. And that healing, spiritual healing, is the greater gift. His body would still die, but his spirit being healed would only lead to eternal life. 
Christ taught in many parables. His life was also a parable for those who wanted a deeper and greater understanding. He healed many of their physical problems but that is not His purpose. He came to this world so that "whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." Christ can heal us spiritually, to help us be in a position to receive that everlasting life. 
So when life gets hard, when we have trials, when we have physical infirmities that just never end... we shouldn't think "why are these not being taken away?" Because that's not why we're here. It's those experiences that help up grow to prepare us for something better. But we can still be healed. We can still have our hearts repaired and our spirit mended and then we come out all the stronger. We just have to turn to Christ.

Much love my friends,
Motra Missy

The fabulous baptism. And I got to hang out with rockin' sisters from my MTC group plus some! Love them all these sisters soooo much.



No comments:

Post a Comment