2.24.2014

February 17, 2014



I hope you all had a wonderful Valentines day! Want to know what I did? I walked around Durrës handing out Law of Chastity pamphlets... haha, kidding ;) We did celebrate by eating a lot of vegetables, it was great :)

I just want to first say that I love the Muslim call to prayer. I think that it's beautiful and I love hearing it as I walk the streets in Durrës. I am definitely in a Muslim land. 
Speaking of Muslim. I think it's hilarious when people tell us they're Muslim... and they are also Christian.... uh... ? I'm confused... Do you know what it means to be Muslim?

Today was beautiful, we went to the beach. Our secret beach that's not really secret but we like to think that it is. It's a hike away and off a dirt road. Doesn't have very much garbage and it's away from the city. It's beautiful. We had a picnic there today and just relaxed in the sun. It was amazing. And perfect weather. Man. 75 on the beach, how much better can it get? ;) (It's February and 75, I'm going to die this summer haha) 

The other day the other sisters told us about a new bakery down the street from our house that's amazing. We went there and bought.... a lot... okay... um... maybe almost one of everything hahaha BUT it only cost $4 AND I walk it off with all the walking and walking and walking and walking and walking ;)

My whole world changed this last week. Want to know why? I discovered the fruit treg. Why did this take me so long? I have no idea. Want a description? Okay. Covered tin area with a sea of fruits and vegetables fresher than fresh. Want a bag of fresh off the tree clementines? So fresh it still has the stem and leaves attached and is perfectly ripe? Well, here's a grocery bag full for $2. 
Drool.
I've never had so much fruit in my diet in my entire life! I'm so proud of myself.

Want to know some incredibly exciting news!?! Albania just got approved for it's first Stake!! Durrës is going to have a ward! This is a big deal, it's the first Stake in the Baltics and it means that we can have a Stake Patriarch and people can get Patriarchal blessings. I don't think I ever appreciated how special those were as much as I do here knowing that members can't get them. So yes, I think it's happening next month. So so so exciting. What a blessing this will be for the members here!

Last story of the day. 
Remember our dear friend who accepted my first baptismal invite? After that lesson, it was pouring and so we gave him an umbrella so he wouldn't be soaked. Well, we stopped by his house Sunday and he told us that he'll never forget us and our kindness for giving him an umbrella when he needed it. He then reached into his pocket and pulled out a pen and gave it to us. He told us that it was his gift to us because the umbrella meant so much to him. I don't think a pen has ever meant so much to me. It was given so sincerely with so much love. It really touched my heart.... How blessed I am.
Here's an excerpt from True to the Faith that I read the other day and loved.
"You should not blame your circumstances, your family, or your friends if you choose to disobey God’s commandments. You are a child of God with great strength. You have the ability to choose righteousness and happiness, regardless of your circumstances."
I know that if we keep the commandments of God, we are happier. It's just a fact of life. I know that they are given to us to bless us and not to restrict us. We are children of God, a divine lineage. We have great power to choose righteousness and happiness despite our circumstances, no matter how hard they may be.

Much love,
Motra Missy

Pictures from the beach and surrounding areas.


No comments:

Post a Comment