2.24.2014

February 24, 2014

So, last week we went to the beach for pday. I brought home some pretty sea glass and rocks that I liked from the beach as my little Durrës beach tokens. I put them on my dresser and went on with the week. Well, the next day I was looking at my mouth guard I wear every night and huh, what's that? It's moving.... it's a bug! BAH! My mouth guard was crawling with bugs. My desk was crawling with bugs. Everything on my desk was crawling with bugs. Let's just say I had a freak out moment. So, in my freak out moment, I, with great zeal, killed all the bugs and sprayed the desk down with strong chemicals just to be sure. Sick. I figured they might have come from my beach stones because I didn't know where they came from. Went on with the week and everything was great. Well, last night I looked at my desk and there were a couple more bugs back. These suckers are tough to see because they're white and really, really small. They look like dust until you see them moving and crawling. After squooshing the little buggers, I went to bed. Looked at the side of the desk and there were a couple on the side of my desk. That was upsetting, don't want those things on my face! So I killed them. And then looked at the wall..... and there were hundreds.... hundreds of bugs... covering the entire wall. And the other wall. And.... my pillow! AAAHHHHHH!!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! 
Ya, I freaked out.
The black mold, the bugs, I was so done with that place. So we beat out our beds, put them in the middle of the room and told our district leader the next day. And now we're living with the other sisters. It might be a little too much fun :) It's basically The Best Two Years sister style. And I'm the awkward greenie that can't speak squat. For example.... The other night I called a sister in the branch and this was our conversation....
Me: "Hola! Si jeni?" (As you can see, I started the conversation out with spanish....)
Sister: ".... *awkward pause* ..... Mirë mbrëma." (Good evening)
Me: (By this point I was laughing so hard that I started the conversation in spanish that I didn't quite hear what she said.... so I responded like this...) "Mirë, falëminderit!" (Good, thank you!.... as you can see, this is definitely not the appropriate response.)
Sister: (In Albania, I'm just translating) "You know you don't have to say that when I say good evening right? ...."
Me: "Uh, ya...... *stifled laughing in the background*...."
So yes, I am definitely the awkward greenie in The Best Two Years. 

We also had a zombie apocalypse. Okay, not literally. But it felt like it. We had a city wide power outage for a few hours. (Not too uncommon actually). But walking around Durrës.... at night... in total dark. It was creepy. And sketchy. And apocalyptic. And there are holes everywhere that you can't see that would be terrible to fall in. Wouldn't recommend it. I had my umbrella in hand like a weapon ready to smack down anything unpleasant that came our way... creepy man or zombie alike. 

So yes, that was the gist of my week. Plus a lot of fresh bread and ice cream. Aaaahhhh :) 

Thought for the day.
I love this scripture. 2 Nephi 32:3 "... feast upon the words of Christ; for behold, the words of Christ will tell you all things what ye should do."
I so strongly and so fully believe in the power of the scriptures and how reading them every day is so crucial to our spiritual well being. I explain it like this to our 9 year old recent convert. Scriptures are like food. You have to eat every day to be healthy and strong. If you eat once a week you're in trouble. The scriptures are a beautiful way for us to receive revelation from God. They rejuvenate us. They strengthen us. So if you are struggling with reading the words of God, please, evaluate what's stopping you, change it, and move forward with a fresh determination to be better and I promise you that it will bless your life.

Much love!
Motra Missy

A random picture of a sunrise :)






No comments:

Post a Comment