1.13.2012

wedding bells

I had an awesome wedding dress.
I was reminded of this fact today at my dear friends wedding because well, she wore it and I was her photographer. Oh, and she got married in the Draper temple ;)
I thought I was going to have a hard time with it as I sat down in the sealing room. Ya know, the whole deja vu thing going on. And then Elder L. Tom Perry walked in and I was totally good :)
The advice he gave them at the beginning was so sweet, you could tell that he and his wife must have a very special and tender relationship. It was amazing having him do the sealing. Every word he said in the ceremony was so powerful and said so sincerely. It made me incredibly grateful that I've chosen to live my life in such a way that I was worthy to attend that beautiful ceremony. It would have been so easy for me to be bitter with the church and bitter with the Lord because of my divorce. I had done everything "right". My decision to get married was inspired, we were married in the temple, I lived according to the principles of the gospel and still my husband left me. I'm grateful I'm not bitter, that would be a heavy burden to bear and I wouldn't have had the opportunity to see how sweet and lovely marriage can really be today.

No comments:

Post a Comment