9.27.2011

thoughts


I'm listening to pandora and our wedding song came up. I didn't cry. I didn't hurry and turn it off. I sat there and listened to the words and thought about the memories. They seem so far away and they weren't that long ago. The song makes me sad, but I'm not dying inside like I was before. All I can think about is where I was then and where I am now and how everything has changed so much. It reminds me of this song...

"Riding in the car to work, and I'm trying to ignore the hurt
So I turned on the radio, stupid song made me think of you,
I listened to it for a minute, but then I changed it
I'm getting a little bit stronger, just a little bit stronger"

I do think I'm much stronger. I'm happy, really happy and I'm moving on. I'm so grateful that I was able to let go of this all, I can't imagine ever trying to heal from a divorce while holding onto so much bitterness.
I find it pretty funny when someone finds out that I'm in the middle of a divorce and they expect me to be a wreck and I'm not. They don't really know how to react to me, it's pretty great :P
Anyways, thank you to those who have been praying for me, it's helped me more than you know.

2 comments:

  1. I ADORE 'little bit stronger'. Such a great song. Love you, Miss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute little Allison told me about your blog, and I love it. This song has gotten me through a lot of rough days. So excited for your mission!! You'll be great.

    ReplyDelete