12.24.2014

October 27, 2014

I went hiking today and shot with my film camera. mmmmmmm happiness :)
Also, accidental bushwacking, just excellent. It was like I was at home with my papa, ha! 

Oh man, so... some rockin' investigators. It had been over a month since we'd seen them (I say we when I actually mean the last sister in the area because I actually had never met them :P) and we were thinking of dropping them because we couldn't get a hold of them. Anyways.... after some promptings from the spirit to be gutsy and contact them another way (background info to that that I don't have time to go into, but they basically asked us not to contact them this way... oops haha), we ended up getting a lesson with them and have been meeting with them all week. And can I just say... wow... powerful lessons. If this young family gets baptized, the Lord has some great work planned for them because they are incredible. They're the kind of people that we walk away from their lessons walking on clouds... best feeling ever. I think we may get more out of their lessons than they do! The spirit is so enlightening and so powerful and so wonderful. I am so grateful that miracles happen when we follow the spirit, even when it can be scary.

Lately I have developed a slight obsession with the book Jesus the Christ by James E. Talmage. How have I never read this book before?! I have no idea. It's blowing my mind. I can never put it down when I start it. It's just so incredible. Did you know he wrote it in the SL temple? Can you image the inspiration he must of gotten from writing it in the temple? It's a beautiful work, I would highly recommend you to read it if you haven't.... But seriously.
There's a part that I read this morning that I especially loved. It talked about prayer... 

"It is well to know that prayer is not compounded of words, words that may fail to express what one desires to say, words that so often cloak inconsistencies, words that may have no deeper source than the physical organs of speech, words that may be spoken to impress mortal ears. The dumb may pray, and that too with the eloquence that prevails in heaven. Prayer is made up of heart throbs and the righteous yearnings of the soul, of supplication based on the realization of need, of contrition and pure desire."

I love this because I've thought a lot about prayer my whole mission. I'm convinced that there are so many incredible blessings that can be unlocked through prayer that I have not even begun to understand yet. Wonderful things happen when we learn how to truly pray.... not just say words, as we learn from this quote that words so often fail us... but when we pray with our soul and heart and really, truly connect and communicate with our Father. That kind of prayer is a gift, a connection that brings enlightenment and revelation, peace and purpose.... we cannot progress as we need to without prayer. Prayer is work and if we could get ourselves to pray as we should always.... what spiritual strength we would have! I think the most powerful missionaries I have ever seen who were able to have incredible miracles in their mission were who they were because they knew how to pray...
If you're just going through the motions and not feeling enlightenment and connection with our Father when you pray... take a chunk of time, kneel, completely focus with your mind, heart and soul and pray. If you pray slowly, listening to the spirit and enjoy the closeness you can have with our Father, I promise... it will bless you.

Love you all,
Motra

Shots of the hike. An amazing old nëna with her cow. She was very happy that I was taking pictures of her beautiful old cow and was smiling up a storm. She was even smiling when she told me that it would kill me if I got to close... thanks nëna haha
 
The fantastic kids who got baptized last week. Loooooove them more than words.


More awesome kosovo pictures.




Pictures from Kosovo! They really like America... this is the Bill Clinton statue :) haha


A giant catholic church being built in the middle of a muslim city, made me laugh with the irony :P





An amazing old nëna with her cow. She was very happy that I was taking pictures of her beautiful old cow and was smiling up a storm. She was even smiling when she told me that it would kill me if I got to close... thanks nëna haha


 

No comments:

Post a Comment