10.25.2014

September 15, 2014

First off. It's getting cool. Blessed day!! .... okay, it actually was a mild summer and never got that hot even though I still sweated my face off. But still, I am grateful :D
Second off. The internet cafe we go to just banned smoking and I can breathe cool, fresh air! Cool because it's cool and fresh because it doesn't have smoke. Oh man. Best email session in a while :)


Okay, so... I don't really have any stories this week... Our power was out for over 24 hours so I made toast with a candle... uh... what else... I dunno. I really got nothin' haha I know a lot happened but I can't think of anything right now! 
We had a lot of progress with investigators and are feeling incredibly blessed. We had 2 different families in church this last week which was a huge blessing! We're so grateful right now :) We're being blessed in the work over here.

I recently read a talk by President Eyring titled Waiting Upon the Lord. It was excellent, you should read it :) A part I particularly liked was when he, after getting an interview with President Lee at the time, says:
" “President Lee, how do I get revelation?”
He smiled. I am glad he didn’t laugh, since it was an odd question to ask. But he answered my question with a story. It was essentially this. He said that during World War II he had been part of a group studying the question “What should the Church be doing for its members in the military service?” He said they conducted interviews at bases up and down the country. They had data gathered. They had the data analyzed. They went back for more interviews. But still, no plan emerged.
Then he gave me the lesson, which I now give to you, in about these words: “Hal, when we had done all we knew how to do, when we had our backs to the wall, then God gave us the revelation. Hal, if you want to get revelation, do your homework.” "
I think it's so important to remember that the Lord isn't just going to hand us answers to life's hardest questions on a silver platter. We have to work. We have to do our part. We have to show we really want it. And I know that when we do all we can do, when we lay it all on the line... that is when we get our answer and that is when we're able to find truth from God. I know that this is possible because I have experienced it myself. It's only after having my faith tried and tested and after I have done all I could do... that is when I get those answers. God loves us, He wants us to have answers and to grow in the process. 

Much love and prayers!
Motra Russell

Photos of the wonderful sisters in my district. Some clouds that were pretty cool. The Rogner Hotel with the best food ever! 







No comments:

Post a Comment