8.03.2014

May 26, 2014

I feel so blessed to be here. Man, missions can be hard. That inner battle is a tough one. And there a lot more obstacles that I never thought would ever be obstacles... but it's so worth it. I feel so blessed. I am so grateful.

Everyone! It's my brother Aaron's birthday this week. Love him for me.

Let's see. Stories for the week. I don't have many...
Our district leader is on crutches right now. He split his foot open, had to get stitches and can't walk on it. Why? He dropped a toilet on his foot. I'm not going to laugh after that because it would be mean..... but it's kind of a funny story, you gotta admit :) Even he laughs! And Albanian's reactions, those are the best haha

The pictures of the girls that I sent, three of them are on baptismal date. I cannot even begin to describe how much I love them! I have also never taken my calling more seriously. Don't get me wrong, I have always taken it seriously. But these sweet young girls, they watch us and look up to us in every way. I am so careful about how I act and what I say and everything that I do. These girls are so precious. They deserve a good example and I am doing my very best to make sure that I am worthy to be wearing this name tag for them.

It's starting to get really warm. I'm nervous for this... because that means that our schedule is going to change. Once it gets really hot, people start sleeping during the day, so to compensate, we get up earlier... 6 instead of 6:30. Yes, yes I know.. don't complain, it's not that bad. I just really love my sleep okay?? :)

As far as my thought for the week. I read this scripture in church yesterday and it really hit me... 
"Murmur not because of the things which thou hast not seen, for they are withheld from thee and from the world, which is wisdom in me in a time to come." -D&C 25:4
I really like this scripture... I feel like there are a lot of things that I have been promised from the Lord. And a lot of those blessings that I'm very much looking forward to have not shown their face to me yet... it just reminded me that we have to be patient. This life isn't about immediate rewards, it's about stretching ourselves and growing as much as possible. And a lot of times, that comes from waiting. 
I take a lot of peace in this scripture... 
"Who am I, saith the Lord, that have promised and have not fulfilled?" -D&C 58:31
The Lord will always fulfill His promises, we just have to have faith in Him and His timing for us. Because His timing is perfect and better than anything we could ever hope for ourselves. 

Ju dua,
Motra Missy
 

Sis. white and I on top of the clock tower in the Tirana center.


Some beautiful handmade Albanian traditional dress.


My new favorite thing in the entire world!! Teaching these AMAZING girls on the roof of their building that their whole extended family lives in. Not only is the view beautiful, these girls are amazing and I love them more than anything that I can even describe! Oh man, I feel so blessed to be here right now.





The boys, they're cousins of the girls and live in the same building. The middle one told Sis. White that he was going to protect her from all the bad men annoying her with his karate. We're definitely a fan of him :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment