12.30.2013

December 5, 2013

Every day blurs into one and I honestly can never remember what happened. Bah.

I'm over halfway done with the MTC and still don't speak Shqip (that's Albanian in Albanian pronounced sh-cheep), aw well, it'll come eventually I guess haha I'm kind of terrified I leave for Albania at the end of this month, hope that doesn't last long! 

Callings were reassigned this past sunday in my zone. The sisters in my district and I were the only ones out of all 16 albanian speakers that didn't get callings and so Motra Singer assigned us callings. She is the zone holiday planner. Motra Maxwell is the zone cheerleader. Motra Defriez is the zone artist and, wait for it .... I am the zone warden hahaha oh man haha Basically, if missionaries are messing around or being loud during personal study or just overall disobedient... I'm uh, kind of the warden I guess hahah, I just loving remind missionaries of how to better come to Christ :).... but hey! They still love me :)

We were supposed to have Elder M. Russell Ballard for Devotional on Tuesday but the snow prevented him from coming and so we had another speaker instead and he was excellent. He spoke a lot about the temple and the spiritual power that comes from it. What I loved the most was when he brought up the Martin Willie Handcart Company. He quoted a survivor, "The price we paid to know [Christ] was an honor to pay..." (or something along those lines). It made me think, what price am I willing to pay to know the Lord? Am I willing to do anything at all?
I've also been studying a lot into obedience. It's powerful how many times the blessings of obedience to the Lord's commandments are brought up in the scriptures. One verse that I loved is Mosiah 2:41

"And moreover, I would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and ahappy state of those that keep the commandments of God. For behold, they are bblessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual; and if they hold out cfaithful to the end they are received into dheaven, that thereby they may dwell with God in a state of never-ending happiness. O remember, remember that these things are true; for the Lord God hath spoken it."

I promise you that if you strive to keep the commandments that Lord has blessed us with, that you will be blessed in all things and your life will be happier than it could have ever been otherwise. Heavenly Father wants to bless us, He wants us to be happy and He wants us to have peace. All we have to do is follow His commandments and we will receive abundant blessings including being happier than we ever could have imagined. I know this is true, I have felt it in my life and you can feel it, too.

Love God, be happy, live life to it's fullest :)
Motra Missy

Self portrait of my companion and me.

Some detail of the Provo temple.


A reflection of some sisters in my zone in the fountain in front of the temple.

No comments:

Post a Comment