10.05.2012

plans

I really like to have plans. Ever since I was a little girl, I've always had a plan for my future. Don't get me wrong, I don't cry if the plan doesn't end up going through, but I hate the feeling of ... wandering... with no direction. And so I plan.
But despite my hate towards plan-less-ness, ever since I've gotten divorced, I have had no/zero/zip idea of what I'm doing with my life. I was planning on graduating, having babies, raising a family, yada yada yada. When that option was completely taken away from me, I was lost and I have been lost ever since. It's kind of been driving me crazy. Okay, it's really been driving me crazy.

A light broke through the clouds yesterday.
What is that light you ask?
Grad school.
I have no idea if that's the actual direction I'm going to go, it may never happen, it may be a completely impractical idea and once I'm done being ridiculous I'll move on to better things, it may a thought that's only entertaining for a few days.... but the idea of grad school will not leave my mind. It's exciting and terrifying all at the same time which makes me want to do it even more. Not to mention the fact that ever since I can remember I've wanted a masters degree. And really the only reason I'd get it is to teach... and teaching would be quite delightful.
I dunno though... we'll see. I'm like a ping pong ball right now, I'll probably have a new plan tomorrow.

For the time being, read this article. I almost fell out of my chair laughing with tears streaming down my face.
Seriously.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness!!!! Melissa Jean, you are killing me! That article. I loved it! :)

    ReplyDelete