5.17.2012

day 11 - design museum and les miserables

I feel like my entire day was nothing compared to how amazing tonight was. But I'll get to that :)

First things first.
I'm incredibly snacky at night lately. Holy smokes! All I want is mars bars and chips and bread and ice cream and chocolate and popcorn and eggs and orange juice and truffles and...... I could just eat the whole world. Literally (*said with an english accent).

Today we were going to go to St. Paul's Cathedral but it was closed so we didn't. We hopped over the river and went to the Design Museum (creative name right?). It was a small museum, especially compared to the ones we've been going to lately, but despite the size, there was a lot of pretty swell stuff. One of which was a Christian Louboutin exhibit. If you don't know who Christian Louboutin is, then you're probably a boy or you don't shop for $500 shoes. Either or. (He's a famous shoe designer and his stuff is beautiful. You might know his shoes as the one's with the red soles. They are pricey little guys.) The exhibit showed a lot of his more unique, non commercial work. One of which being a shoe covered in fish skin. There were some interesting designs. Shame I couldn't try any of them on ;)

Afterwards, Tia, Clark and I walked around and found info on tickets for Les Mis. Let's just say that being a student rocks my socks off when it comes to discounts. I wish everything had a student discount... plane tickets, hotels, clothes, food.. life would rock. We finished getting our info and headed home to eat and change. After letting peeps know about going to the show tonight, filling up our bellys and dressing up to go out on the town... we headed to the Queens Theater.

I can't even tell you how excited I was to see Les Miserables. I grew up listening to the music on road trips with my family. Ever since then, I've been in love and have always wanted to see it. When the curtain raised and the music started, I thought I was going to die. I was so thrilled I could barely breathe. And really, it was incredible. It was stunning. Beautiful. Powerful. Moving. Amazing. Brilliant. All of the above. I would go into more detail but I don't want to bore you and I do need to go to bed soon. But just know that durning the last scenes, there were tears streaming down my face. This was definitely one of my favorite parts about London so far.

After the play, we (Tia, Mirielle, Clark, Rick, Kelsey, Emily, Megan and me) just walked around the busy streets to get a taste of the London night life. We watched all sorts of fun street performers, my favorite being a group of break dancers that were super entertaining. And then Kelsey got cussed out by a drunk, crazy homeless man so we decided it was time to go.

And now I'm here, typing up my blog.
The end :)

PS- I've been updating my instagram pretty regularly if you want to see more pictures and don't follow me on facebook. User name missyjean37.

No comments:

Post a Comment