10.18.2011

happy brick

So, life throws bricks in my face. I'm guessing it gets a pretty good laugh. But this was a happy brick, so I'm okay with it!
To explain...
When all the divorce drama started, the last place in the world that I wanted to be was in our house. So I let Jordan have it. Whatever. I didn't care. Well, long story short, Jordan isn't going to be living there anymore and I don't care about not being there anymore and so guess what? I get the house! Woo! I'm super excited about it. I'll be moving in at the end of the month. And I found out about it last night (that's the brick aspect).

Another happy note, I turned in my BFA (Bachelor of Fine Arts) portfolio today. I went up to Pictureline and got a-ma-zing matt photo paper. I spent a pretty little penny on it, but wow was it worth it! I've never seen such fantastic matt prints. The tonal range was awesome and the colors and blacks so rich. Wow, I was so impressed and I'm officially dedicated to this paper forever and always. My dad also helped me built a wooden case to put the prints in. It looked pretty spectacular. So now I'm just crossing my fingers that I get in the program. I'll let you know!

I also have a photo hanging up in a show at the Orem city center. The exhibit's on 9/11 portraits my class did in Documentary Photography. If you get a sec, you should go see them. Some of them are pretty great :)

Mr. S is doing awesome. We see each other almost every day (which I'm not complaining about). I kinda like him a lot, just sayin'. We did have a conversation about dating other people. I brought it up, kinda lame of me I think. But really, I just got out of a marriage, I don't think I'm ready for steady commitment right now. Even though he's the only guy I want to be with right now. Bleh. Lame. I saw Jordan the other day and it was really weird because I've been spending so much time with Mr. S. I don't write much about him, maybe I'll start writing more.

Well yes, that's life for me right now. I need to get a job, bleh. I don't want to get a job. I want to do weddings for work again, but I need to update everything (name, logo, website, etc...). I decided on the name Missy Jean Photography. That way if I get married again, I don't have to worry about changing it and Missy Jean is pretty memorable. Sooo... time for a logo :P ... anyways, life is dandy. Much love to you!

1 comment:

  1. you are TOTALLY going to get into the BFA i just know it! i'm so happy things are going well for you. I think Missy Jean Photography sounds fantastic :) and sweet about the house, maybe you could set up a little studio in there!

    ReplyDelete