3.18.2013

today...

... is a beautiful day.

I fell hard for a guy, someone who I had kind of dated for a bit a short time back. We'll call him Charlie. When I finally warmed up to the idea of actually dating someone (exclusively I mean... which btw, has never happened since my divorce), it was too late. A little chica swept in and snatched him out of nowhere.... I was heartbroken to say the least....
Until a friend of mine (we'll call him Theodore or Theo for short) texted me and asked if I wanted to talk, I think he knew something was wrong and that I was bothered by the whole Charlie so suddenly finding a new girl thing. So he came and picked me up and we drove and talked and drove and talked. It was exactly what I needed. He helped me put into perspective what really mattered and reminded me that despite what happened, I am worth it and I am a treasure.
I really like Theo, we connect so well because of similar experiences we've both had and I feel like we've created a kind support system because of it. It's so good to have a friend who you can lean on and who understands how you're feeling.

And that is why it's a beautiful day :)

PS- All the names I give to people on my blog link back to their actual names. It's a pretty fun game if you can figure it out ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment