9.04.2012

thoughts

#1- Getting and recognizing answers to prayers has never really been a huge problem for me, I learned when I was younger to recognize the spirit and it's something that I've been very grateful for. But lately, I haven't been able to tell if reactions to situations have been my own fears and anxiety or if it's been the spirit telling me no, don't do this. It's been frustrating to say the least. Especially since these are big decisions that I'm making, some that if I choose wrong... I could potentially regret for a very, very long time.

#2- I have really good style, I just don't have the money to prove it.

#3- Yesterday I went hiking with the parents, Guy and another friend, Marko. We hiked up to Baldy (the smaller mountain in front of Timpanogos that looks like a volcano... or at least that's what I thought when I was a kid). It was super fun! And crazy exhausting... mainly because when we got to the top, Guy realized that we only had about an hour to get down to make it to dinner with his family who was in town... so in order to make it to dinner with them, we ran down the mountain. As in literally ran down the whole mountain. I thought my right knee was going to for sure blow out and I would never be able to walk again. I woke up this morning and thought the same thing. And my body now hates me and doesn't want to walk ever again. Poor thing. What a trooper my body is puttin' up with running down a mountain just to catch some BBQ. 

#4- My birthday was Sunday. It was just a normal day, no big deal really. The highlights of my day were: waking up to a 5 page long text from Clark that only said HHHHAAAAPPPPYYY BBBIIIRRRTTTHHHDDDAAAYYY!!!! ... but it was a lot longer, my singles ward singing happy birthday to me at Break the Fast, getting a voicemail from Vanessa (this was a bittersweet thing... bitter because I was mad I missed her call... sweet because I was so happy she called me), and Steve and Ginelle bringing me 24 cookies for my 24th birthday (that made me so happy, it was the sweetest thing that had happened to me all day!).

#5- Dexter and Marley, my poochies, are the loves of my life. They are so happy to see me come home and will stay by my side always. My favorite thing ever? Dog hugs. I love them. Dexter will just rest his head on my shoulder and I'll give him a great big hug. It's the sweetest thing ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment